Recently (March 9, 2018) the U.S. Department of Transportation awarded nearly $500 million in discretionary grant funding through the Transportation Investment Generating Economic Recovery (TIGER) program to 41 recipients in 43 states. TIGER grants are targeted investments for communities that will increase safety, create jobs and modernize our country’s rail and transit infrastructure. Among the projects receiving the fiscal year 2017 TIGER funding:
- The Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority (MARTA) for the Summerhill Bus Rapid Transit Project.
- The City of Eau Claire, Wisconsin for the Chippewa Valley Regional Transit Transfer Center Revitalization Project.
- The Delaware Department of Transportation for the Georgetown East Gateway in Georgetown, Delaware.
- The Collier County, Florida Board of County Commissioners for the Immokalee Complete Streets Project.
- Mississippi State University for the Hightower Road Corridor Project in Starkville, Mississippi.