…Exhibit Space Sales Maintain Strong Pace
Exhibit space sales for the 2014 CONEXPO-CON/AGG and IFPE expositions are still going strong and continue to outpace the previous two show cycles.
The co-located CONEXPO-CON/AGG and IFPE shows will be held March 4-8, 2014 at the Las Vegas Convention Center in Las Vegas, USA; they are the global gathering place every three years for the construction, construction materials and fluid power/power transmission/motion control industries.
“We’re absolutely ecstatic by this support and the importance the industry places on these events. Considering our industries are not fully back up to speed after the recession, we are gratified by the value placed on our shows by our members and exhibitors,” stated Megan Tanel, CONEXPO-CON/AGG show director and AEM vice president exhibitions and events. Tanel noted that exhibit space sales are tracking 40 percent ahead of a comparable time in the 2011 show cycle, and 20 percent ahead of the record-breaking 2008 (pre-recession) event.
Show Services Help Exhibitors Meet Sales & Marketing Goals
“Exhibitor engagement is key; we strive to develop a strong connection with our exhibitors and a fuller understanding of their exhibiting objectives,” explained Melissa Magestro, IFPE show director and AEM senior director exhibitions.
AEM offers exhibitors show education and planning information plus marketing and branding opportunities to help them more effectively reach customers and help ensure a successful show experience. AEM outreach includes:
- Multi-day Exhibitor Education Meeting in May 2013 in the centrally-located Chicago O’Hare airport area, supplemented by targeted education sessions throughout the show cycle
- Sponsorship Program with new and multi-level – and customizable – options
- Exhibit Suites – in Las Vegas Hotel (formerly Hilton) and Riviera – as another way to reach customers
- Exhibitor Booth Promotion Kit with customizable tools including direct mail, banner ads, online listings, e-mails, show ads, post cards, and public relations and social media outreach
- Monthly Exhibitor Insider newsletter with timely show information and planning tips
- Online, mobile and other technology tools to better connect with attendees as well as track ROI from the events
Exhibitors will receive more information on these show features as the planning cycle progresses.
Show management attributes strong exhibitor interest not only to CONEXPO-CON/AGG’s and IFPE’s reputation of attracting a highly qualified buying audience, but also to the shows’ philosophy of being industry-run, with industry needs foremost.
At the last edition of the shows, exhibitors expressed overwhelming satisfaction with the quality and quantity of attendees. More than 90 percent said they were satisfied with their overall experience at CONEXPO-CON/AGG and IFPE 2011. More than 90 percent of exhibitors also said face-to-face customer contact was important or very important to the success of their company.
“We know our exhibitors have an increasing number of avenues for their marketing investment; that’s why we strive to continually improve upon programs and implement carefully reviewed new options to help them achieve their sales and marketing goals while offering options to control their expenses,” added Tanel.