Bobcat E80 Excavator Designed For Operator Comfort
Bobcat introduced the E80 excavator, a machine with a completely new design, increased service intervals, improved operator comfort and durability. Other improvements include the elimination of daily service points, a spacious cab and a top-of-the-line seat.
Longer service intervals
Daily greasing of the bushings at the boom, arm and bucket pivot is a thing of the past with the E80 excavator. Normally, this process takes up to 30 minutes of an operatorâ€™s time each day. Now, the operator will be able to spend that time working because the E80 has increased the service interval of greasing the bushings to 250 hours.
The E80 offers a spacious cab with a six-way adjustable operator seat that allows the operator to create an individually designed ergonomic work environment. The six seat adjustments are:
1. The angle of the bottom of the seat
2. The bottom of the seat may be moved forward or reverse
3. The lumbar support on the backrest
4. The bottom and backrest of the seat may be moved forward or reverse as one
5. The armrests and joysticks may be moved forward or reverse, independent of the seat
6. The seat bottom, seat backrest, armrests and joysticks may be moved forward or reverse as one group
With these adjustments, operators of any size can adjust the seat to their personal preference in the placement of the armrests, joysticks and seat bottom and back. These adjustments also let the operator move the seat to an area where they can best control the foot pedals and see the work area.
The high-capacity climate control system has true automotive-style controls and vents in front of and to the rear of the operator, placing the air movement exactly where needed. This system has five modes of air placement: to the operatorâ€™s upper body from the front and rear, to the upper body from the front only, to the feet and upper body from the front, to the feet from the front, and to the feet and the upper body from the front and the rear.
A fixed instrument panel on the right side of the cab is a central, easy-to-read display for all of the information the operator needs on machine performance.
Attachment readiness and pin durability
Each E80 is delivered clamp (thumb) ready for operators who want to quickly and easily add and use a clamp.
In addition to clamps, Bobcat provides a number of attachments available for use on the E80. The optional pin coupler system allows the operator to quickly change between attachments. Bobcat also provides a platform for attachments previously used on the 442, allowing owners who have a 442 to use the attachments they already own on the E80.
Polymer shims are used in lateral joints to create tightness and prevent slop in attachments, such as buckets. Slop is created by wear on the pins, and the polymer shims used in the joints decrease pin wear and increase tightness in the attachment workgroup.
The E80 has a 54.2 horsepower, Tier IV compliant engine. The engine control system also has an auto idle feature, reducing fuel consumption when the excavator is not working. Engine rpm is controlled electronically so that the operator uses only as much engine power as necessary for the application. The quiet operation of the engine is also a benefit, as many cities and work areas are becoming more sensitive to construction noise.
With minimal tail swing, the E80 can work in compact work environments and next to buildings or other obstructions. The E80 features the Bobcat in-track swing frame. The swing frame (pictured at right) for the boom stays within the width of the tracks, making it easier for the E80 to work in constricted job conditions.
The E80 has a dig depth of 15 feet 6 inches and an operating weight of 18,880 pounds with rubber tracks. The auxiliary hydraulic system has a rated capacity of 31.7 gallons per minute.
Bobcat E80 excavator
- Greasing of boom, arm and bucket pivot increased to 250 hours.
- Spacious cab with operator seat that adjusts multiple ways to provide ergonomic comfort suited to the individual.
- High-capacity heat and air conditioning system with five automotive-style operation modes.
- Quickly change attachments through pin coupler system.
- Polymer shims in lateral joints prevent pin wear and create tighter attachment workgroup.
- Auto idle and electronic engine rpm control helps use fuel efficiently.
- In-track boom swing allows the operator to work in constricted conditions with confidence.
- E80 has a dig depth of 15 feet 6 inches and an operating weight of 18,880 pounds with rubber tracks.