On 12-09-2013 Terex Investor Relations announced the divestiture of the Terex® articulated and rigid truck lines to Volvo Construction Equipment. The divestiture includes the Motherwell, Scotland, manufacturing facility and is targeted to close in the first half of 2014.
This agreement does not affect the rest of the Terex compact and heavy equipment lines in the Terex Construction portfolio. Terex remains commitment to the success of these product lines, as evidenced by several recent significant investments to the remaining lines, including:
- Upgrades to the Crailsheim, Germany, facility for the manufacture of Terex compact excavators and wheel loaders
- Substantial facility upgrades in Grand Rapids, MN, to improve the production of Terex compact track loaders and skid steers
- An upgraded, world-class Bad Schönborn, Germany, manufacturing facility, benefitting Terex Fuchs material handler production
- A new $4.8 million facility in Canton, SD, streamlining Terex Bid-Well automatic roller pavers production
- Significant upgrades and lean manufacturing integration at the Fort Wayne, IN, manufacturing facility for the production of the reintroduced Terex front discharge mixer truck line
See the posted press release for full details about the Terex truck divestiture click here.