To celebrate the launch of the New Holland 200 Series skid steers and compact track loaders, New Holland Construction is auctioning off two custom-painted, limited-edition New Holland 200 Series skid steer loaders â the âCruisânâ L220 and the âBig Blueâ L230.
Net proceeds from the auction of these two machines will go to the American Red Cross to help aid victims of natural disasters and offer compassionate services.
âNew Holland Construction, its dealers and customers have helped make a difference in communities across North America by supporting the efforts of local American Red Cross and Canadian Red Cross chapters at more than 30 New Holland Super Boom Road Shows throughout 2011,â said Dave December, marketing manager, New Holland Construction. âTo date, New Holland has raised more than US$29,000 for the Red Cross.â
Held at New Holland dealerships across the United States and Canada from March through October, the Super Boom Road Show events included skid steer challenges featuring New Hollandâs new 200 Series skid steer loaders. Compact equipment operators were invited to compete against each other for the best time on a special course. Prominently displayed at many of these events, the âCruisânâ and âBig Blueâ models drew large crowds of admirers.
The auction begins at 8:00 a.m. (Central time) on Thursday, Oct. 27, 2011, with a minimum starting bid of US$50,000 for âCruisânâ and US$58,000 for âBig Blueâ. To place a bid on these exclusive models, bidders must complete the printable bid form available at www.newholland.com/cruisn for the âCruisânâ model and www.newholland.com/bigblue for the âBig Blueâ model. Printed bids must be signed by the bidder and submitted to an authorized New Holland Construction dealer orÂ New Holland Agriculture dealer before 5:00 p.m. (Central time) on Wednesday, Nov. 2, 2011. The winning bidders of the âCruisânâ and âBig Blueâ models will be notified on Monday, Nov. 7, 2011.
âCruisânâ L220 skid steer loader
âThe person who places the top bid on the âCruisânâ L220 will be cruising in style with an exclusive piece of New Holland history,â said
Dave December, marketing manager, New Holland Construction. âThis skid steer loader holds tremendous appeal for customers who take pride in their New Holland skid steer loader ownership experience.
âCruisânâ features unique styling and exclusive design elements throughout the interior and exterior of the machine.
Exterior features of the âCruisânâ model include:
- Signature yellow paint and custom black pearl and silver metallic base coat
- Chrome accents on the rear door, cylinders, roof visor, exhaust stack, cab step and snow blower deflector
- Custom decals, including chrome bucket trim and stripe accent trim
- Aluminum âMoon Discâ wheel discs
The cab interior features:
- Custom gray, black and yellow seat
- Custom interior control handles in New Holland yellow, with metallic silver stalks
- Custom aluminum interior paneling
To learn more about the New Holland âCruisânâ L220 skid steer loader auction, please visit www.newholland.com/cruisn.
âBig Blueâ L230 skid steer loader
The L230 is the largest skid steer loader in the New Holland 200 Series lineup. âOne look at the New Holland signature blue paint on this machine and you can see how it earned its âBig Blueâ nickname,â December said.
Exterior features of the âBig Blueâ model include:
- Signature blue paint and custom black pearl metallic base coat
- Chrome accents on roof visor, rear door, cylinder, wheels, exhaust stack, cab step and side fender trim
- Custom decals
The “Big Blue” cab interior features:
- Custom blue leather seat
- Tinted cab windows
- Custom interior control handles in New Holland yellow
To learn more about the New Holland âBig Blueâ L230 skid steer loader auction, please visit www.newholland.com/bigblue.
New Holland 200 Series skid steer loaders
With the 200 Series skid steer loaders, New Holland maintains its forward dump height and reach with the Super BoomÂŽ loader vertical lift design â and introduces a number of improvements:
- Improved bucket breakout force and dump angle provide fast cycle times and improve productivity.
- Improved stability with the longest wheelbase in the industry and a low center of gravity.
- The wide comfortable cab provides more head and foot room, and offers twice the visibility in critical zones.
- New comfort and productivity features include keyless start, a Glide Ride option, available heated or air-ride seat and a self-leveling bucket feature.
- Ground-level service checkpoints are easy to access and grouped together. Plus, the new flip-top cab tilts forward for complete component access.
âNo matter what your line of work â agriculture, landscaping or construction â youâll work faster, smarter and more profitably with the New Holland 200 Series skid steer loaders,â December said.
The New Holland 200 Series skid steer loaders feature the same stability, low center of gravity and large load capacity-to-equipment weight ratio as the original L35 skid steer loader â the industryâs first skid steer loader with roll-over protective structures (ROPS) and a vertical lift boom system â introduced in 1972. Since then, New Holland Construction has produced more than 200,000 skid steer loaders.