Post-show attendee and exhibitor surveys from CONEXPO-CON/AGG and IFPE 2011, held in March, confirm the shows’ success as a vital business tool connecting buyers and sellers. Show management will use the survey data in future planning to offer even more value at the next edition of the co-located exhibitions.
“We are always looking for ways to improve the shows for both attendees and exhibitors; our goal is a quality show experience that meets their business needs with maximum results,” stated Melissa Magestro, show director at the Association of Equipment Manufacturers (AEM).
The triennial exhibitions will next be held March 18-22, 2014 at the Las Vegas Convention Center in Las Vegas, USA for the construction, construction materials and fluid power/power transmission/motion control industries.
AEM-managed trade shows emphasize industry involvement in show planning. Show management encourages development of industry partnerships and co-located events to enhance networking, save time and travel and increase the value for all participants.
- Buyers attended the shows: for CONEXPO-CON/AGG, 89 percent of attending contractors and 91 percent of attending producers had a “buying influence” for products at the shows; 73 percent of IFPE attendees also had a “buying influence,” which is above the manufacturing/industrial exhibition average.
- Attendees also ranked the shows’ value above the industry average for return on investment of time and money spent: 4.1 on a scale of 5 for CONEXPO-CON/AGG and 4.2 for IFPE (Industry average is 3.7.)
- Attendees’ top reason to attend: examine the new products and technologies on display (92 percent). Some 87 percent said they wanted to check out specific companies/products, which emphasizes the success of exhibitors using pre-show promotion to encourage attendee traffic.
- Other top reasons cited by attendees for their show participation: networking, personal professional development and meeting with technical experts.
- Exhibitors expressed overwhelming satisfaction with the quality and quantity of attendees, and 91 percent said they were satisfied with their overall experience at CONEXPO-CON/AGG and IFPE 2011.
- More than 90 percent of exhibitors said face-to-face customer contact was important or very important to the success of their company.
“Even in today’s increasingly digital world, face-to-face exchange of ideas and the up-close look at ‘what’s new’ can’t be beat,” noted Magestro.